On the first Wednesday of each month, a diverse group of local healthcare professionals—which often includes physicians from Hughston, Columbus, and Fort Benning; Hughston fellows and residents; Hughston physician assistants and physical therapists; and medical students—come together for grand rounds lectures on evolving trends in orthopaedics. Grand rounds constitute a ritual of medical education and provide an excellent supplement to medical school and residency. Moreover, grand rounds help doctors and other healthcare professionals stay current in their specialty or areas of core practice. The physician lectures offer expertise on specialized topics and cover the latest evidence-based research and treatments emerging in the field of medicine. CMEs are provided for these events.
LIST 2018 Grand Rounds Lectures
- January 10, 2018 – David Brett – Risk Stratification to Reduce Surgical Site Complications & suNPWT on Open Wounds
- February 7, 2018 – Champ L. Baker III, MD – Subchondroplasty of the Knee
- March 7, 2018 – Stephen Ryu, MD, FACS, FAANS – Intraoperative Radiation Exposure and Safety
- April 4, 2018 – Jeff Marx, PhD – Bone Biology and Bone Grafting Options
- May 2, 2018 – Ryan Jacobs – Impact Orthopaedics has on the Opioid Crisis
- June 6, 2018 – Michael Ashmore, MD – Multimodal Analgesia in Treating Acute Pain: A Focus on ERAS (Enhanced Recovery After Surgery)
- July 11, 2018 – Roman Ashmyan, DO; David Barnes, DO; Ryan Mahoney, DO – 2nd Annual Spine Conference
- August 1, 2018 – Garland K. Gudger, Jr., MD; Randall J. Ruark, MD – Panel discussion about arthritis treatment options
- September 5, 2018 – Sarah Griffiths, PhD – Regenerative Therapies in Sport Medicine
- October 3, 2018 – Tim Beals, DO; Daniel L. Miller, M.D – Ancient Hematoma and Rib Fixation, Update 2018
- November 7, 2018 – Gary Keogh, MD; Samuel Thomas, DO – Hip Fracture Prospectives and Nonoperative Treatment of Bilateral Posterior Shoulder Dislocations
- December 5, 2018 – Jon Minter, DO; Samuel Pitts, DO – Use and Applications of Osteoconductive Tri-Phasic Graft and Traumatic Manubriosternal Dislocation
- This event has passed.